Did you know 1 out of every 5 homeowners in the state of Idaho is battling a termite infestation at this very moment?
Industry statistics state that roughly 20 percent of Idaho homeowners are experiencing some level of termite damage at any one time. While the Idaho Department of Agriculture reports that it takes several years for extensive termite damage to occur, homeowners are always encouraged to be proactive and monitor their property for signs of termites to minimize the threat of harm. Since the primary termite found in Idaho is a subterranean variety, the single easiest sign of termites is the mud tunnels they build on foundations between the ground and a home’s wood components. However, there is a significant reason to consider contacting Beeline Pest Control for an evaluation of your property before visible signs are detected.
Ways to Prevent Termite Infestation
- Fix any leaking pipes or faucets as soon as possible
- Eliminate water near your home’s foundation
- Throw out rotting wood, or old paper to eliminate termite food sources
- Regularly inspect your indoor and outdoor furniture for signs of termites
- Open up all the vents in your home
- Close all potential points of entry by sealing off cracks and holes in walls and near doors.
Our team will gladly share strategies to keep pests, including termites, at bay.
The Beeline Pest Control team will review their findings and extermination strategy with homeowners so everyone understands what must be done. Because chemicals will be used, precautions will be taken to prevent any threat to the home’s occupants or pets. Working closely with a professional makes the process easier and safer.